June 20, 2011

This paperback thing is, for lack of a better word... dfiohw uihuabartjkb

        I have the ebook all polished and ready to post, but this paperback formatting is a madhouse!! I kinda (sorta) have a good start, but indeed, there are problems...






1. I can't get the page numbers to stop showing up on Chapter Title pages....

2. I have the same problem with the Author and Title headers

3. I have to have a barcode? This is confusing me, because some sites tell me I can get a free one (as long as you understand how to set one up with incoherent instructions) while others say to go buy one?

4. I've read that I need to apply for an LCCN, but I'm having trouble applying for one since I don't own a publishing house... I've also heard you don't need one... I'm sincerely unsure...

If you have any idea how to address any of these tormenting issues, don't hesitate to respond. Am I in over my head on this one? Anyone up for LOTS of coffee tonight? 

4 comments:

  1. You're brave...very brave. I think trying to do all that would drive me up the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there's a fine line between brave and crazy, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read over this, Odd how a few weeks ago I was spinning in circles over all of this. Slowly but surely, I finally put all the pieces together, and never for a moment have I regretted learning everything I have.

    ReplyDelete